1. Install Divi on WordPress
Divi is a commercial “premium” WordPress theme, which means you have to either pay an annual fee to use it, or work with a developer who has paid to use it for multiple sites. HiTech Essentials is a Divi developer. If you host your website with us, and take one of our Create a WordPress Site with Divi online workshops, then this installation method is for you.
- Download the Divi.zip file from our HiTech Web Services Dropbox folder. The password is provided via email after your first workshop.
- Log in to the WordPress admin for your site.
- Click on Appearance » Themes.
- On the Themes page, click Add New.
- On the Add Themes page, click Upload Theme.
- Click Choose File, and navigate to the Divi.zip file that you downloaded earlier.
- Select the file and click Install Now. If installation runs correctly, you will see a message that says “Successfully installed them Divi.”
- Click Activate. That’s it!
This post was adapted from WP Beginners Guide: How to Install a WordPress Theme. There are multiple ways to install a WordPress theme. See other options in the full post.