3. Create Your Homepage
For the purposes of keeping things simple, we’re going to have you upload a template of our HiTech Essentials homepage. As soon as it’s up, you can go in and customize text, images and so on to fit your business profile.
- Download the Homepage 1 Layout.json file from HiTech Dropbox, using the same password as before.
- To create a new page, in your WordPress Dashboard menu, hover on Pages, and click Add New.
- Name your page Homepage (this name won’t show anywhere, but it’ll make it easy for you to spot in your list of pages).
- Click Use The Divi Builder.
- On the right side of the page, make these 2 changes to the Divi Post Settings:
- Page Layout: Full Width
- Post Title: Hide
- In the Divi Theme Options, click the Import & Export icon.
- In the Portability window, click Import, then CHOOSE FILE.
- Navigate to the Homepage 1 Layout.json file you downloaded earlier, select it, and click Open.
- Click Import Divi Builder Layout, and wait for the page to reload. This may take a minute.
- To make the page live, click Publish.
- Back in your WordPress Dashboard menu, hover on Settings, and click Reading.
- On the Reading Settings page, next to Front page displays, select A static page (select below).
- Next to Front page, click on the –select– bar, and pick Homepage from the list.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
- Okay! Go check out your new homepage.
You’ll need to start crafting your text and images next. We’ll learn that together when we meet online. See you soon!